Friday, September 15

Perspective Grid 0.1


After struggling with the math longer than I feel comfortable with I've finally got a first ultra simple version of the perspective grid. This is nothing more than three triangles that that you can move around while you hold down your mouse button.

Don't think to much about the colors, they where added while I was debugging the matrix multiplications. I'm still not sure I got all the math right but it looks pretty ok.

Currently rotation around the Z-axis is locked, I'm not sorting the triangles (I made them transparent so it's not that obvious), and there is no way to move the grid. We also need a better zoom and some way to input the degree of the cone of vision.

I'm not sure about how I want the actual grid to look. Should it be like an endless chess board or do we want a more complex structure?

No comments: